Amplitude offers G Suite SSO for customers on our Enterprise Plan. Please reach out to your Success Manager and follow the steps outlined in this article to set up SSO. To perform these steps, you must be an admin of your organization. You must also be an administrator in the Google Admin panel within G Suite.
Note: You can only have one SSO provider configured within Amplitude.
1. Visit your Plan Admin page within Amplitude. You will have to coordinate with your dedicated Success Manager to set up your organization's email domain. To access the Plan Admin page, navigate to Settings from the top right-hand corner dropdown menu.
2. Click "Google Identity Provider Metadata". Copy the ACS URL and the Entity ID as this information will be needed in subsequent steps.
3. Navigate to your Google Admin panel. Go to your Google Admin panel (admin.google.com) and select "SAML apps". You will need to set up a custom SAML application.
4. Set up a custom SAML app. To do this, you will have to click the yellow "+" button in the bottom right-hand corner. Then, click "SETUP MY OWN CUSTOM APP".
5. Download the IDP metadata file. This can be found under "Option 2" in the Google IDP information modal. Be sure to download from Option 2 and not Option 1.
6. Name and describe the application. Give your custom SAML app a name and a description. You can use the Amplitude logo attached to this article to easily identify the app.
7. Enter service provider details. In the next step in Google, enter in the ACS URL and the Entity ID that you recorded from step 2.
8. Paste the IDP metadata into Amplitude. Paste the XML metadata downloaded in step 4 into the "Set Up Single Sign-On" modal in your Amplitude organization's Settings page.
9. Save. If you are running into issues with setting up SSO, please reach out to your Success Manager.