Table of Contents
- How to Set up and Use the Integration
Note: This integration is Growth and Enterprise only.
This integration combines Amplitude's analytics with Braze's mobile marketing automation tools. This will allow you to export Behavioral Cohorts from Amplitude to Braze so that you can better engage your users. Alternatively, you can use Braze's Currents feature to export data from Braze to Amplitude.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Currently, we do not support handling anonymous users with this integration. You will have to set a User ID for your users in order to identify them between Amplitude and Braze. More information about setting up a User ID system can be found here.
Braze provides marketing engagement automation that allows you to engage your users through multiple channels such as in-app, push, email, web, and more. Using this integration will enable your marketing and growth teams to drive user engagement.
How to Set up and Use the Integration
Behavioral Cohorts Export
1. Sign up for an Amplitude and an Braze account. Amplitude's Quick Start Guide will walk you through how to set up your Amplitude organization and create your first project. To create an Braze account, visit their website.
2. Input Braze API key. First, retrieve an Amplitude/Braze API Key from the Amplitude Import Integration page on the Braze Dashboard.
Then, in your Amplitude project's Settings page, paste this key into the integration module.
3. Save. Save the API key and choose the appropriate Braze Rest Endpoint. You should now see the "Status" change to "Active".
4. Create Behavioral Cohort. To export users from Amplitude to Braze, first create the cohort of users you wish to export. You can read more about the different types of cohorts you can create in Amplitude here.
5. Export to Braze. Once you have created the cohort, click the "Export" button to export these users to Braze. You can then go into Braze and use their features on these users.
6. Finding the Cohort In Braze. Once you have exported the cohort to Braze, you can create a segment in Braze that includes the cohort. When creating a segment, add a filter with the following value:
Amplitude Cohorts includes <segment name>.
This will restrict the segment to the users in the cohort.
If you would like to setup a cohort to sync with Braze on a daily/hourly basis, we offer the cohort sync feature. Go to the cohort that you would like to sync, and click "Advanced Preferences." This will bring up a dialog that allows you to enable hourly or daily syncing, and also to disable syncing for a synced cohort.
Note: Hourly syncing may only be enabled for a max of 10 cohorts per project. Daily syncing is not limited.
When a cohort is synced, a notification will appear at the top of the cohort. This shows the sync frequency and the last synced time, as well as a manual "Sync Now" button.
Braze also offers a feature called Braze Currents that allows you to export data from Braze in realtime to Amplitude. Any events you send from Braze to Amplitude will count towards your Amplitude event volume quota. For more information on how to set up and utilize this integration, see Braze's Currents documentation here.
Note: Currents comes included with certain Braze packages. Please contact your Braze Customer Success Manager or email@example.com if you would like access.