Welcome to Amplitude! This article will help successfully onboard you to the Amplitude platform. The purpose of this onboarding is to equip you with the knowledge necessary to utilize the Amplitude tool and jump start you on your product analytics journey.
Table of Contents
- Instrumentation Training
- Event Taxonomy
- Instrumentation Phase
- Platform Training
- Deep Dive
- Wrap Up
In this section, you will learn: the Amplitude onboarding process, how to identify key user flows in your product, determine business goals and key KPIs to track with Amplitude, and thnk about how you want to send data to Amplitude and which integrations to utilize.
Click here to view the deck we walked through in the video.
In this section, you will learn best practices for Amplitude instrumentation by attending an Instrumentation Training Seminar. You will learn methods of sending data to Amplitude, the Amplitude schema, how Amplitude identifies unique users, session tracking, and instrumentation best practices. Clean instrumentation is the foundation to success with Amplitude so it is important for you to understand how our platform handles your data.
Register for an Instrumentation Training Seminar here. If you are unable to attend any of the live seminars, then you should watch the following recording:
See our For Developers: Getting Started Guide for the seminar content in written format.
A good event taxonomy is imperative to useful analyses in Amplitude. In the following video, we walk through sample event taxonomies and discuss the types of events, event properties, and user properties you should be tracking according to your industry vertical:
For more best practices on what data to track, check out our Data Taxonomy Playbook.
Now that you have identified your key user flows, business goals, core KPIs along with creating your event taxonomy, your team is ready to instrument Amplitude! You will find in this section some helpful resources for you as you go through the implementation process.
- For Developers: Getting Started Guide
- SDKs: Links to all of Amplitude's SDK installation guides. Use our SDKs to send data client-side to Amplitude.
- HTTP API: Used to send server-side data to Amplitude.
- Integrations: Links to the different integrations Amplitude supports.
- How to Validate Your Event Data in Amplitude
Our Platform team hosts New User Training seminars that are a walkthrough of the entire platform. Before you register for one of these seminars, be sure to watch the following 2-minute videos to prep:
Click here to register for a New User Training seminar.
Our Platform team also hosts Deep Dive Sessions that focus on specific features. Click here to register for a Deep Dive Session.
Congratulations on finishing your Amplitude onboarding!
As you begin your product analytics journey, here are some wonderful resources to help guide you along the way:
- Amplitude Blog: Contains useful articles on product analytics.
- Online Seminars: New User Trainings, Instrumentation Trainings, and Deep Dive Sessions.
- Getting the Most Out of Amplitude: A product analytics workflow that lays the groundwork on some of the most important metrics and also demonstrates how specific charts are connected.
- Learning Center: Check out our Learning Center for in-depth articles on every single Amplitude feature.
Happy data crunching!